Krunchie with Yachts

Krunchie with Yachts

Proinnsias - Krunchie As

"Proinnsias" sounds the same as "Krunchie as," except with a P instead of a K. I was christened "Francis Killeen," but adopted the Irish form of this name "Proinnsias Ó Cillín." ("Cillín," which means "treasure," sounds exactly the same as "Killeen"). Some people have difficulty pronouncing "Proinnsias," and some children in my neighbourhood called me "Krunchie," a nickname that stuck.

Monday, 8 February 2016

Krunchie's Concepts

Two spectres in the maths world that have annoyed my brain over the years are Georg Cantor's alleged proof of the trans-finite (numbers bigger than infinity) and Alan Turing's non-computable numbers. Over the last few months I have given a lot of time to writing down my refutation of these absurd, but widely acclaimed, propositions.

Cantor is the founder of Set Theory and Turing one of the two fathers of computer science.

Last week, I posted my script to a maths journal, clearing the puzzle out of my mind. So, other puzzles return lest my brain be idle.

Over the last two nights I have found myself dreaming again of modes of transport. In Saturday's dream, I "drove" a magic carpet through Dublin's traffic. On Sunday night, I found myself struggling, on foot, through a great maze of tram tracks, and dodging trams.

Both are hopeless competitors of my "Krunchie's Cab" transport system.

Continue ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Born in Phibsborough, Dublin, 1943. Qualifications: BL and M Sc (IT).
Land Registration Consultant, poet, inventor and artist.Member of the Invincibles old-time band.
Attended St Peter's primary and O'Connell secondary schools.
Member, down the years, of church choir,Knights of Malta, Dáil na nÓg, Irish Language societies, residents association, action groups, musical societies and drama groups, board of National Museum.
Chaired many groups, including Residents Association, IMPACT trade union branch, Art Societies.
Ran folk club in Slattery's of Capel Street, late 1960s and returned for Poems and Pints. Led Claremont Residents Association to win Tidy Areas Competition.